We’ve Been There!
Recently married in 2013, we’ve been in your shoes, and we know how stressful planning can be!
Personally, we had a bit of a hiccup with our wedding photos, which makes us determined to make sure it never happens to anyone else!
I genuinely care about capturing great images on our big day. Not everyone can say they had a dream wedding, but we did! And I’d love to share my ideas with you.
These are some of the considerations we made when selecting our photographer and we’d invite you to ask the same questions!
- Do you like their style? Do they have a consistent style of shooting? Our style compliments our motto of “fun, flair, finesse”. We like capturing special moments that are natural and convey lots of emotion! We invite you to look at the portfolios of different photographers because it is really important that you like their work!
- Do they scout the location beforehand to identify photo spots and suss out the lighting conditions? Yes, we do! In fact, it really makes us tick because we’re naturally geeky and want to get all the f-stops and all that techy stuff right.
- Do they meet with you beforehand to discuss your wedding day itinerary? We run through your wedding day a million times in our head, and we know exactly when to be where!
Do they provide prints and digital images? We do either, or both!
“The guys from Zhi Lee Photography were fantastic – very professional and a real flair for the creative. Many people have commented on our photos – the high quality and the uniqueness.
We had a sunset shoot the night before our wedding. These photos turned out amazingly, and I’d definitely recommend a pre-shoot. It was also a lot of fun, with many laughs along the way – a very special time. The photographers have a real knack for ad-hoc shots – moments in time when you aren’t aware that photos are being taken – there turned out brilliantly.
The wedding day was handled very elegantly. We were hardly aware of their presence, yet the shots were very intimate and beautiful. I highly recommend Zhi. I’ve have nothing but praise, hence maximum ratings for all aspects.”
– Gareth (Groom). Paihia Wedding in November 2011
Copthorne Hotel, Bay of Islands
“What we like about Zhi is he always captured the moments, especially our facial expressions. We treasure this very much as we love to see our family members’ or friends’ spontaneous reactions at different stages on our wedding day. Looking at these photos always brings smiles to our faces. Besides we love the vibrant colours in our edited photos. And most importantly, Zhi was very quick in editing and I received the soft copies within a week or so!
Overall, we’re impressed with his service and if you’re looking for a photographer who can work along with you, then Zhi is the person!”
– Khai (Bride). Auckland Wedding in February 2012
“You really captured the joy on our guests faces. Thank you for the wonderful memories of our special day. We will definitely recommend your professional and friendly service to others!”
– Judy (Bride). Auckland Wedding in March 2013
Howick Golf Club